The School of Biological Sciences is home to a vibrant community of life scientists. The school's research spans the scales of biological organisation, from molecules and cells to organisms, populations, species and communities. Read more...
Newsletter BIOLinks >
AAS Fellowship honours contribution to plant knowledge
Professor Christine Beveridge is one of five University of Queensland academics recognised with a Fellowship of the Australian Academy of Science. Professor Beveridge is a world leader in the hormonal control of plant development and shoot architecture, which underpins the yield, productivity or ornamental value of crops, trees and shrubs.
Read more >
- Don’t fall off! The delicate balance of outrunning a predator
- Fishy business: Cleaners with happy clients
- Deadly jellyfish "milked" to save lives
- Protecting Australia’s Lake Eyre basin means getting our priorities right
- Hiding in plain sight – a new species discovered in South East Queensland
- Natural selection in black and white: how industrial pollution changed moths
- Biological Sciences researchers in two successful ARC Linkage Projects
- Why I Love: surrounding myself with venomous critters
- More news >