We run partnership programs by contract for Stanford University, University of California and the Centre for Global Education. These contract programs provide a complete service for students from arrival to departure, including accommodation, meal plans, field work opportunities, tuition and pastoral care.

For more information on developing a contract Program, please contact: International Programs

Integrating field and lecture components, this Program focuses on the marine and terrestrial ecology of Queensland, Australia. Two faculty from Hobart, William Smith and Union Colleges accompanies the student cohort, and these faculty teach one of the four courses that the students complete. Whilst in Australia the students undertake field trips to National Parks and to the Heron Island and Stradbroke Island Marine Research Stations. After the Program in Australia is complete, the faculty take the group to New Zealand to undertake an additional two weeks of study in the field.
 

Established in 2003 the Stanford in Australia Program remains one of the most popular study abroad options run by Stanford University with more than 100 applicants competing for the 48 places available annually. The program comprises five courses: Coral Reef Ecosystems, Coastal Forest Ecosystems (Terrestrial and Marine), Freshwater Systems, Australian Studies and Targeted Research Projects (TRPs) and visits Brisbane, Sydney, Far North Queensland, North Stradbroke Island and Heron Island (Great Barrier Reef). TRPs allow students to conduct original research in the field under the supervision of experts. Students experience ecosystems first hand with lecture delivery alongside the physical experience. Students develop skills in group labs, oral presentations, role play and scientific writing . They are then able to apply their knowledge in a broader context.

Inaugurated in 2000 the annual UC Education Abroad Program, approved, by the University of California Council of Regents, now has alumni spread across the US and indeed the world in graduate programs and jobs. The program is in two parts; a Marine Biology component that comprises 60% of the course and a Terrestrial Ecology and Australian Studies component that comprises the other 40%. The marine biology program involves lectures, labs and intensive research focused course features two 10 day field trips to Moreton Bay Research Station (North Stradbroke Island) and Heron Island Research Station (Great Barrier Reef) undertaking field classes and small group research projects.

Go to top